These one day events are aimed at equipping elders, ministry teams and volunteers in a local church or group of churches in an area. The content of the training will be shaped by the outcomes from the Senior Leaders and Ministry Leaders Forums. In 2019, we will be running a Training Day specifically designed for Eldership & Governance teams. This will be offered at three separate times during the year and spread geographically.
Eldership & Governance
In this training day we will allow space for groups of Elders to be strengthened for their leadership, growing together and inspired through teaching and networking with other like-minded leaders. The training day will run from 9-3pm and include morning tea. BYO lunch.
Topics for 2019 are:
- The Shepherding Leader
- a devotion on leadership followed by a time of prayer.
- Clarifying the Role of Shepherds in your Church
- this will be a two part presentation: the first part will focus on the importance of settling on a church leadership model, with clear roles and identified responsibilities for everyone involved. A healthy structure will help everyone to know their part to play, encourage new leaders to engage. The second part involves a panel of representatives from various leadership models.
- Developing Existing and Future Shepherds
- how do we identify and develop potential leaders to step up into the leadership for the church in the future? What are the core competencies that you need in your elder board? How do we provide more specific eldership training?
- Shepherding the Broken to Restoration
- a presentation on having a clear restoration process in place that could be used when the church discipline is necessary, with particular emphasis on the necessary steps when a church leader falls into sin. How do we come alongside the fallen? How do we support and bring restoration and healing to all involved? How and what should be communicated to the church body?
You've felt that tug...
A friend, co-worker, family member, or someone you just met is talking - and you sense God nudging you to say something. But what do you say? What don't you say? How can you bring God into the conversation without shutting it down?
Welcome to God Space.
Where the Holy Spirit can do amazing things through everyday conversations. Where honesty and transparency allow for discovery and deep connection. Where lives are challenged and changed.
In this training day, Doug Pollock will share fresh insights and practical tools for connecting with others about things that matter most. Doug Pollock is the evangelism trainer of Athletes in Action and co-author of Irresistible Evangelism. Doug's passion for spiritual conversations has led him to 36 countries. To find out more about Doug's ministry go to GodsGPS.com
More details to follow on time and cost for the day.