These one day events are aimed at equipping elders, ministry teams and volunteers in a local church or group of churches in an area. The content of the training will be shaped by the outcomes from the Senior Leaders and Ministry Leaders Forums. In 2019, we will be running a Training Day specifically designed for Eldership & Governance teams. This will be offered at three separate times during the year and spread geographically.
Eldership & Governance
In this training day we will allow space for groups of Elders to be strengthened for their leadership, growing together and inspired through teaching and networking with other like-minded leaders. The training day will run from 9-3pm and include morning tea. BYO lunch.
Topics for 2019 are:
- The Shepherding Leader
- a devotion on leadership followed by a time of prayer.
- Clarifying the Role of Shepherds in your Church
- this will be a two part presentation: the first part will focus on the importance of settling on a church leadership model, with clear roles and identified responsibilities for everyone involved. A healthy structure will help everyone to know their part to play, encourage new leaders to engage. The second part involves a panel of representatives from various leadership models.
- Developing Existing and Future Shepherds
- how do we identify and develop potential leaders to step up into the leadership for the church in the future? What are the core competencies that you need in your elder board? How do we provide more specific eldership training?
- Shepherding the Broken to Restoration
- a presentation on having a clear restoration process in place that could be used when the church discipline is necessary, with particular emphasis on the necessary steps when a church leader falls into sin. How do we come alongside the fallen? How do we support and bring restoration and healing to all involved? How and what should be communicated to the church body?
Trying to figure out how to start spiritual conversations with your friends, co-workers, and family members without turning them off?... then maybe it's time to learn how to create some "God Space"! Doug Pollock, author of "God Space", will be serving as our guide to help us cross the us/them divide. His multi-media driven workshop is guaranteed to help you increase the quality and quantity of your spiritual conversations in authentic, doable, and practical ways that will truly connect with people in your Monday thru Saturday world.
Opportunities to role play, coupled with small and large group discussions create a "fun, spirit-filled" learning environment you won't want to miss. Why wait to begin the journey of becoming a more "irresistible" outwardly focused believer?
Conveniently offered at 5 locations, we invite you to join Doug for either an evening session in Auckland, Tauranga or Nelson, or a half day session in Christchurch and Wellington.
Registration is with the venue directly, please click on REGISTER HERE, to access their registration sites.
Please note due to the devastating fires in the Nelson district, two local churches are subsidising the cost for their region.
9 April i summit church, auckland i 7.30-9.30pm i $20PP i REGISTER HERE
10 april i lifezone church, tauranga i 7-9pm i $20pp i REGISTER HERE
13 APRIL i THE STREET CHURCH, WELLINGTON i 9-1.30pm i $45 i REGISTER HERE