These forums are the engine room of Living Stones. They draw senior leaders and ministry leaders together, enabling the sharing of best practice and the exploring of our biggest ministry challenges. Each forum will explore questions that have been raised beforehand, with input from experienced leaders as well as time for discussion and sharing as participants learn from one another.
SENIOR LEADERS FORUM
The Senior Leaders Forum is a two day "locker room" hosted in one of the churches in the Living Stones Network. Whereas the Refuel Mentoring Retreat is about soul care and connecting with one another in a relaxing environment, the Senior Leaders Forum is an energetic talk-fest, sharing best practices and exploring ministry challenges together. This forum also gives an opportunity for Senior Leaders to discuss future training opportunities within the network.
MINISTRY LEADERS FORUM
The Ministry Leaders Forum is an event that brings together paid staff and ministry leaders in similar roles to share best practices, discuss challenges and connect together. New for 2018 six forums will be held across the year at Botanylife Community Church (Kotahi Community Centre) in Auckland where each ministry group will explore questions that have been raised beforehand, with input from an experienced Ministry Leader as well as discussion and sharing as participants learn from one another.
The 5 hot topics for the Outreach-Mission-Community are:
- The theology of local mission - What does success as a church look like?; What do we celebrate?; Is church for Sundays only?; How do we combat the consumer mindset and equip people to be scattered?
- Mobilising our people - Every church longs to grow in their influence for the gospel. This presentation will help us to encourage, equip and motivate people to be active in evangelism, with highlights of the Organic Outreach system/model as one tool that is gaining traction in New Zealand.
- Reaching our local community - A presentation about moving the mindset of church people to love their community, through training individuals to reach out. This is a huge culture shift. How do we move our people from program oriented evangelism to becoming a “neighbour” church known as a people who love their community, where we live, work and play. Mobilising our people to be on mission and understand our responsibility to pray, plan and proclaim (open my eyes, open my heart, open my schedule, open my mouth)
- Coaching players to shine in the workplace - A presentation about work-place ministry, breaking down the sacred/secular divide and encouraging the church scattered to see our work as mission that every believer in our church can be engaged in. This is for every pastor/ministry leader who is coaching their players to shine in the game they play, learning to value the everyday interactions in the workplace and helping business leaders make the most of their platform for the advance of the gospel.
- Your mission stories - in this session, is the opportunity to share what is working well in your communities, sharing best practices and tackling ministry challenges together.