At Thrive 2017 we are exploring the power of vision. Why is a clear vision important for helping a church to thrive? How biblical is the concept of vision? How do we develop and articulate vision? And once discovered, how we cast vision to a room full of people as well as across the cafe table? Our dream is that Thrive 2017 will help each church develop a compelling vision for ministry that results in tangible change and growth.
(Senior Pastor, Chase Oaks, Dallas TX)
- Sharing the Vision - having got the right people around the table and developed a compelling, God-glorifying vision, how do you communicate that in multiple contexts to inspire people to get on board?
- Turning the Vision into Reality - exploring the implementation of the vision over the long-term. Rather than the vision simply being a document that is shared once and then sits in a drawer, how do we turn that dream into reality over the next season of ministry?
(Senior Pastor, Greenlane Christian Centre, Auckland)
Jonathan will be bringing two in-depth bible sessions, anchored in the Book of Esther. The context of this ancient story is similar to today, when we often find ourselves in a minority position with seemlingly no power or influence of our own. And yet Esther provides incredible encouragement and optimism for what God continues to do through his church today.
- Purim & Providence - In times like these, it can feel like there are people in power positions who call the shots, leaving the people of God scrambling and running. But Esther provides a fresh reminder that God is quietly and continually at work in utterly surprising ways and will protect his people and accomplish his grand plan.
- Pride & Prejudice - In times like these, it can feel like that there are forces and people in play that prevent us from thriving. Haman embodied everything opposed to God and his ways. It looked like he would thrive and God's people would come to their demise. But God is a reverser of destinies, who rasies up the humble and humbling the proud. This has happened in the past and continues to happen in the present and future.
(Senior Pastor, The Street City Church, Wellington)
- Vision in a Thriving Church - thriving churches are visionary churches. This session looks at the importance of vision in the life of a healthy church. We will define the idea of vision, to ensure we're all talking and thinking about the same thing, and also discuss why vision is such an important part of leadership.
(Senior Pastor, BotanyLife Community Church, Auckland)
- Discovering Your Vision - looking at the process and the people involved in finding and developing your unique vision as a church or ministry.
(Senior Pastor, Lifezone Church, Tauranga)
- Changing the Culture - ultimately, implementing a new dream for the future means changing the culture of your church or organisation. Old habits or values need to be cleared away and replaced by a new mindset and lifestyle.
Streams are informative and inspirational breakout sessions where you get to interact with ministry leaders in your area of ministry. Each stream runs over two sessions and will equip you with practical ministry tools to help you fulfill a God given vision for your ministry.
The streams will be two 1 hour sessions on how these ministry areas thrive. They are teaching seminars that facilitate discussion, with the first session serving mainly as a teaching session, while the second session brings in others in a panel type format.
- Children - implementing the church's vision into your kid's ministry
- Youth - implementing the church's vision into your youth ministry
- Sunday Service - Sunday services that are visionary
- Teaching - how to teach in such a way that fosters and promotes vision
- Elders & Governance - how to work together to ensure the vision becomes a reality
- Life Groups - aligning life groups around your church vision
- Operations - aligning finances, volunteers, processes, resources to make vision happen
- Outreach - aligning outreach around your church vision
Where to from here?
Plan to Attend:
Please plan to bring as many of your leadership team to THRIVE 2017. Information has been made available to you to assist in the budgeting/planning and booking for conference.
Morning & afternoon teas and a packed lunch will be provided only with your conference package. You will be responsible for your own breakfast & dinner. A list of local restaurants is available here for consideration for your team. We would suggest you make your group booking at your earliest convenience, so as not to be dissappointed.
Finally, we are thrilled that so many teams are making THRIVE 2017 a 'must' on their church planners and we invite you to schedule this years' conference into your 2017 calendars now and plan to attend with your leadership teams.